the open web, web development, and more

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Netbook Blogs

Netbook is the latest term for the growing variety of small and inexpensive notebook computers that are taking the computer industry by storm. Naturally, as a web developer that beleives Web Applications will be the most common type of application a computer user interacts with, I'm interested in these gadgets too. So much so that I wanted to share two blogs that cover the industry and its products quite well:

Currently, I'm considering the new Dell Inspiron Mini as it has most of the features I want and looks sharp too. One feature that none of the current Netbooks have is a rotating screen (tablet style, like the OLPC). To me this seems like an obvious feature as these small machines could then double as ebook readers. Personally, I would pay an additional $50.00 to $100.00 for this features.

Update: Naturally, a day after lamenting over the lack of a tablet mode in in Netbooks, Intel makes shows-off the Classmate PC Tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment